Welcome to The Healing Space! In anticipation of your first appointment with me, below I have listed some helpful information to make that first session as smooth as possible. If you have any questions about what will happen in our first appointment, please do not hesitate to call (512) 663-6644 or email [email protected]
Please note that as of April 1, 2018, my office hours will be 11-6 Monday through Wednesday and 11-2 Thursday. New clients will need to be available to meet during these time periods.
Prior to the first appointment
- Please download and complete the New Client forms located on the Helpful Forms part of the website. I will be reviewing these three documents with you at our first appointment.
- If you plan to use your out-of-network insurance benefits, please contact your insurance company prior to the first appointment to get information about preauthorization (if needed) and reimbursement processes.
- There is no receptionist at office so when you arrive, please have a seat in the lobby and I will greet you shortly before our appointment time.
- Please plan ahead for your commute to The Healing Space. Traffic in Austin can be unpredictable so please leave yourself enough time to get to my office safely and have a few moments to get centered prior to our appointment.
How to get the most out of therapy:
- Take time between sessions to reflect on your thoughts and feelings
- Make sure that you are coming to therapy for yourself and not because someone else wants you to change
- Allow yourself to be vulnerable and open to your emotions during the therapy process
- Engage in direct and honest dialogue with your therapist about how you are feeliing and what is/is not working in therapy
- Make self-care a priority and engage as much as possible with your strengths and positive coping skills
- Remember that therapy is for you; only you can decide what and how much you want to change. You are in charge!